Desert Rides

Off-Road Discussion Forum

Fire suits?

General off-road chit chat.

Moderators: Admin1, DR1068, 9rocky, Ryan_P

Postby mrmatt » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:37 am

I have been interested in upgrading my firesuit. I have always worn the crow single layer but have been looking at the double layer suits. I wanted to find out what people think of the double layer...more comfortable? How much hotter is it in a double layer? How much more protection are they?
mrmatt

Postby agavelouis » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:56 am

Don't rule out a triple layer suit. A lot of the Mastercraft suits can be found in the double layer for upwards of $6-700.

Maybe take a look at the Sparco Jade - Under $300 for a triple layer that is comfortable and a HUGE!!!!!!! step up from a single layer suit. Each layer is SECONDS added to protection, with a single layer really only good for 2-3 seconds. The good 2-3 layer suits are still only good for less than 10-12 seconds of protection to get out of the vehicle.

Sparco Jade Suit
You're doing too much, do less
agavelouis

Postby ACME » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:43 pm

Matt: Upgrade! A good quality nomex 2 layer suit is much more comfy than even the single layer cotton crap and way more safe! Search Wine Country Motorsports in N.Cal and give them a shot, they always have stuff on sale and my Sparco MSRP $1500 suite I got for $500 and Gema wears an OMP 2 layer we got her for @ $300 and it's 1/2 the weight of her Sparco/Lico Jade suite: Got them both at the house and it's literally 1/2 the wt... If they don't have anything check with PCI or UPR as they have always been great suppliers to the community.
ACME

Return to Off-road Talk