Desert Rides

Off-Road Discussion Forum

Old, Mid 70's Honda 250

All discussions, build up threads, and tech questions regarding ATVs, Motorcycles, Side x Sides (Rhinos), should be posted here.

Moderators: Admin1, DR1068, 9rocky, Ryan_P

Postby Dust » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:06 pm

I have this 76 Xl250 that belonged to my dad and he gave to me because he would never ride it again at age 72.
It is a great runner and has less then 5000-total miles on the clock and the engine and trans work flawlessly! It was always maintained and I believe has the original tires...
While a great machine, we have come a long ways since then and I'm thinking that it would be fun to modify it a little if the pieces are still available mostly some suspension upgrades as the fork seals gave up today and the shocks (yes two of them) are showing their age...
Anyone have any resources for a completely retro (mild) build? I'll never race this machine but I will ride it often.

Dust
Why not?
Dust

Postby craigincali » Fri May 07, 2010 6:08 pm

Go to www.ADVrider.com and go to the forums. Look at the forum "old's cool" and post this up. Those guys know almost everything about old bikes and someone on there will probably be able to tell you where to get parts.
JAKES FABWORKS
Composite Plastic Products Company
craigincali

Postby uncle butt » Fri May 07, 2010 10:14 pm

I have a few guys at work that race retro bikes. I will ask them on monday.
Chosen1lighting your hid lighting supplier.
Email Chosen1lighting@yahoo.com.
Call or text Brett @714-501-0592
uncle butt

Postby partybarge_pilot » Sat May 08, 2010 11:42 am

To keep the old school look and make it ridable, a fork swap is the best way. DRZ forks work very well, are cheap on Ebay and still look like old school units. Get some fox shocks for the rear and your set. Find an old supertrapp pipe get it coated and do a little jetting and you'll get years of fun out of it.
partybarge_pilot

Return to Bikes/Quads/Side x Sides