Desert Rides

Off-Road Discussion Forum

My wifes daily driver

From weekend enthusiasts to KOH and everything in between

Moderators: Admin1, DR1068, 9rocky, Ryan_P

Postby CentralWAbaja » Wed May 28, 2014 9:48 pm

OK I will play, just to add a little to the forum.

This is my wife's DD. She is a real estate agent here in our small town. We'll just say everybody knows whos it is. Wish I could lay claim to building it but it was actually built by my best friend a few years back. He wheeled with it for a couple years and then decided to go buy a twin turbo LS Tatum sand car and well this got parked. I needed something for the wife to drive and we live in the mountains of central Washington so it was a nice fit.

2000 TJ
4L 6cyl
5 speed
Rubicon express long arm
D44 front and rear geared and set up with ARBs
Full custom tube fenders and armor
Custom paint
Cage
Bumpers, winch and the rest of those goodies
Heated Mastercrft seats
Hard top and a summer set up with a bikini and 1/2 doors painted to match
36" Iroks on AR wheels with Champion locks
Also have a winter set up with 35"BFG set on Methods

And yes we do play with it also
CentralWAbaja

Postby T-Bone » Thu May 29, 2014 12:56 pm

Very nice. Built to perform but with some of life's creture comforts. ie. heated seats, hard top. I can see them being a higher priority for your location than mine here in SoCal :wink: . Got any close-ups of those rock sliders? Never seen a double line of protection like that befoe.
T-Bone

Postby CentralWAbaja » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:59 pm

Sure have a look. Most of the stuff was done customizing off the shelf aftermarket items. But stuff like the front fenders were full custom using 3/16" plate and .095 wall tubing. The rears I think they started with an off the shelf armor kit and then started adding tubing and plate from there. The windshield frame is pretty cool as well, I know I have tested it a time or two. It is cool to have the armor especially for a guy like me that doesn't have the skills of more experienced crawlers, I just do not worry about bouncing off of stuff.

Funny story.... the first weekend after the jeep was completed (Painted on a Wednesday and jeeping on Saturday) my buddy brought it over to go play in my neck of the woods with some pretty solid off road friends of mine. They seen him pull up in this brand new "City boy" jeep or so they thought. They were all giving me that look... you know the one "we are going to spend hours on the trail so this glory boy doesn't bang up his pretty new jeep" Cory pulled it off the trailer drove over and stuffed it into the thickest scrub brush he could find, screeching and scratching the fresh paint. Over all the laughter you could hear him say "There that part is done now lets go get it dirty!"

CentralWAbaja

Return to Jeeps / Rockcrawlers