Desert Rides

Off-Road Discussion Forum

Tacoma 5lug build

Show off your ride or recent upgrades. Post your pictures in here.

Moderators: Admin1, DR1068, 9rocky, Ryan_P

Postby socalmoto » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:14 pm

Well we got some more done on the truck. Frontend is done, just need the brakelines that should be here monday and the top coil spring before he runs the truck hard (just sitting on single rate right now). The glass is all clearanced out and the tires clear the firewall at full turn and bump (only had to beat in the firewall about an inch to clear the 35's.

We even got the stock boot onto the new heim adapter so it should keep dirt outta the rack

New intake compliments of my buddy justin and some autozone parts/airfilter.

And we got the 9 inch in. Its just tack welded on perches for now. But we need to fully weld the perches, hook up brake lines, weld on some quick shock mounts and get the dshaft modified.
Adrenaline can get you through any pain. Just watch out when the adrenaline stops.
socalmoto

Postby socalmoto » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Cherry bomb muffler off our race truck is now on this truck

Im going to try an adapter I made using the stock tacoma driveshaft thingy. I cut off the mounts, welded on new plates and re-drilled mounting holes. Hes probably coming back in a couple months to get it 3/4 linked so we really didnt want to spend $150 to modify the driveshaft now when hes gonna be getting it modified again to fit the 3/4 link later. The dshaft runout is 10 thousandths so well see how it runs on the freeway. If its too bad I guess hell have to get the dshaft modded now.

Its gonna be a few more days before its running. The brake line place in town ordered stainless braided line last monday and it still hasnt arrived so we have to wait on that. Also when I pulled apart the 3rd member to make the dshaft adapter I noticed the pinion support bearing inside was destroyed so we have a new one of those coming into kragen tom. The rear brake lines are all hooked up though, so once the axle is back together the bed goes on and then bedsides and its all waiting on the brake lines.
Adrenaline can get you through any pain. Just watch out when the adrenaline stops.
socalmoto

Postby partybarge_pilot » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:15 pm

Image I'd probably tack that bolt on piece to the yoke since theres nothing to really locate it except for the bolts.........
partybarge_pilot

Postby socalmoto » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:37 am

partybarge_pilot wrote:I'd probably tack that bolt on piece to the yoke since theres nothing to really locate it except for the bolts.........

hahahhahaha ya my dad said the same thing.
socalmoto

Postby bajabug » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:25 am

GOOD job :wink:
bajabug

Previous

Return to Show and Tell