Desert Rides

Off-Road Discussion Forum

Black taco

Show off your ride or recent upgrades. Post your pictures in here.

Moderators: Admin1, DR1068, 9rocky, Ryan_P

Postby socalmoto » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:40 pm

Got the other side together.
Adrenaline can get you through any pain. Just watch out when the adrenaline stops.
socalmoto

Postby socalmoto » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:59 pm

Some mo
Adrenaline can get you through any pain. Just watch out when the adrenaline stops.
socalmoto

Postby socalmoto » Mon May 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Been a little . . . pulled all the tube work apart and welded the backhalf all together. Had a couple quick bumper jobs to get done, but now back to business.

Heres the intersection at the c pillar.

Then welded the body up so theres no leaks.

Got started on the lightbar too.
socalmoto

Postby 3GTech » Mon May 02, 2011 10:53 pm

Now this question has been sitting in my head and I don't mean to get off topic but is George Pondella's hood from the Ridgecrest race last year or two years ago??
The properly crossed thread will never come lose.
3GTech

Postby socalmoto » Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 am

3GTech wrote:Now this question has been sitting in my head and I don't mean to get off topic but is George Pondella's hood from the Ridgecrest race last year or two years ago??

Sure is. There is the large jump at the top of the straight away and it came off his truck. I saw it during the race and so after i ran up and got it. I took it to pondella (or maybe it was his codriver) and he said when it came off it took off the intake too and caused a 20minute pit stop and so he was pissed and ran it over the next lap so there was no way they could fix it to put it back on the truck haha. Now its my wall art
socalmoto

Postby 3GTech » Tue May 03, 2011 3:28 pm

I knew what happened to the hood that race but I didn't know if it was his hood or not. The Taco is looking good I like the work I see.
3GTech

Postby socalmoto » Thu May 05, 2011 8:43 pm

Got one bedside on.

The rear is nicely triangulated.

And the front is setup so i can put aluminum plating to cover up the shocks. I also made the whole mount removable the shocks can be easier to get to.
socalmoto

Postby socalmoto » Mon May 09, 2011 6:35 pm

Got the other bedside on. Also started making mounts on the storage box.

Here are a couple pics to show how low profile everything is in the back and how far the tires stick out the back. Im going to be building a bumper under the bottom tire to protect the bedsides from getting hit.

socalmoto

Postby socalmoto » Wed May 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Got some more work dont on the truck today.

Got the bumps mounted. Through the 4inches of bump i couldnt see any scrub.

With the aluminum panels in, the bump is nicely tucked in there

And got the front aluminum panel made. I didnt have a large enough piece of aluminum left to cut out the other side though so i had to order some more. The other side wont be made for a day or two. I was surprised because the template i made for the driver side actually fit prefect on the passenger side. It even cleared the little dzus springs just barely on both sides.

And you can still get to the tubes on the bypass if you need to
socalmoto

Postby socalmoto » Thu May 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Made a dimple punch for mounting the dzus buttons. Worked out pretty good.

socalmoto

Postby 3GTech » Fri May 20, 2011 2:07 am

Looks good Steve. Your getting pretty good at this fabricating stuff.
3GTech

Postby socalmoto » Wed May 25, 2011 9:18 pm

3GTech wrote:Looks good Steve. Your getting pretty good at this fabricating stuff.

Well thanks!! Hopefully we can make it out to a race someday and chat again in tech line

Not much of an update. I should be getting the sway bar soon, then i can weld up the axle and not too much more work before i can send everything out for powdercoating. Then i get to start the fun of brakelines, airlines, and electrical.

socalmoto

Postby 3GTech » Thu May 26, 2011 2:21 pm

Steve speaking from experience of doing brake lines on already painted or powder coated stuff tends to mess up the paint or powder coat and its also like giving painting your S2000 a new coat of paint and then after your done slapping a areo kit on the car and repainting the car. So I suggest doing the break lines now instead of later. Besides drilling the tab hole wouldn't mess any of the powder coat up. Just my 2 cents.
3GTech

Postby socalmoto » Thu May 26, 2011 6:25 pm

3GTech wrote:Steve speaking from experience of doing brake lines on already painted or powder coated stuff tends to mess up the paint or powder coat and its also like giving painting your S2000 a new coat of paint and then after your done slapping a areo kit on the car and repainting the car. So I suggest doing the break lines now instead of later. Besides drilling the tab hole wouldn't mess any of the powder coat up. Just my 2 cents.

I will run the brake lines on the axle before powdercoating, but im still waiting on setting up the sway bar first and then just running the brakelines on the axle off the truck. The lines on the uppers will just be ziptied on so that i can always position the lines on top even if i have to turn the upper links a little to align it when its all together. The lines will be run like my ranger is. Im thinking about taking it into the shop next door with an alignment rack to get it dead on.
socalmoto

Postby 3GTech » Thu May 26, 2011 7:17 pm

Oh ok I didn't know that. So hopefully that sway bar comes in soon so you can get that thing out of there.
3GTech

PreviousNext

Return to Show and Tell