Desert Rides

Off-Road Discussion Forum

V8 Toyota T-100

Show off your ride or recent upgrades. Post your pictures in here.

Moderators: Admin1, DR1068, 9rocky, Ryan_P

Postby SJulianYZ125 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Best pics yet...need action photos/video
Wish it had a 2JZ
SJulianYZ125

Postby mxrider » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:05 pm

I've been meaning to update this thread with pics from the new owner, I recieved a few new pics today and thought some of you would enjoy. The new owner has really taken the truck to the next level I had dreamed about, but could not afford. It now has a full interior, AC, heater, headsets, gps and new glass and paint that cover the front track completely.
mxrider

Postby Ryan_P » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Not a fan of the front glass, but love the rest. I saw the truck at the BITD Silver State pre-run, the new owners looked to be having a blast with it.
Notorious BIG said it best, either you're slanging crack rock or you got a wicked jump shot. Nobody wants to work for it anymore.
Ryan_P
:: Site Admin ::

Postby ChaseTruck754 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:09 pm

I too like the glass you had better (not a fan of the huge TT clips or bedsides) but the thing does look nice. Good to see it is being finished and used!
Have you flown in a ford lately?
Because lord know's it's been waaaay too long since I have!

bajablood wrote:Steve has balls.. I like balls.
ChaseTruck754

Postby socalmoto » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Doesnt even look like your truck anymore!! It still looks way badass though. I hope i get to see it in action someday in the des
Adrenaline can get you through any pain. Just watch out when the adrenaline stops.
socalmoto

Postby mxrider » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Ryan and Chasetruck - The aggressive TT style glass isn't my favorite either, but it is the only fiberglass available that covers the 90" track. I do think it looks alot more "calmed" or "toned" down then I would have thought.

Steve - The truck definitely looks alot different. I'm sure you will see the truck in the desert sooner or later. The new owner will be using it to prerun most if not all BITD races.
mxrider

Postby tfmatt » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:21 am

this truck gives me a hard on. haha

i have a v8 t100 DD project im in the middle of right now but itll never be close to this.

p.s. a tundra 4.7 fits nicely in my t100 frame without the steering rack in the way.
tfmatt

Postby SoupGFX » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:10 pm

I know this thread is pretty dead but I'm a huge fan of this build. Excellent work. Do you do any work on the side?
SoupGFX

Postby mxrider » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:08 pm

SoupGFX wrote:I know this thread is pretty dead but I'm a huge fan of this build. Excellent work. Do you do any work on the side?

Thanks for the compliment. Unfourtunately I don't have the space or time to fabricate on the side, but I'm always willing to consider CAD design or CAM progamming work.

-David
mxrider

Postby rednecknate » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Glad to see its still rolling and went to a good Home I had most of the cash at one point and talked to you about it a bunch but the wife just woldn't let me buy it as a daily driver and was about $10k short hope you got close to what you were asking ... a true work of art > i will have to admit i love the Original glass but understand the function of the full width stuff when its more than a pavement princess..... I hope something new is on the horizon for your talent ..
I love it when it stinks,my truck of coarse
rednecknate

Postby mxrider » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:48 pm

rednecknate wrote:Glad to see its still rolling and went to a good Home I had most of the cash at one point and talked to you about it a bunch but the wife just woldn't let me buy it as a daily driver and was about $10k short hope you got close to what you were asking ... a true work of art > i will have to admit i love the Original glass but understand the function of the full width stuff when its more than a pavement princess..... I hope something new is on the horizon for your talent ..

The truck was alot of fun to drive on the street and I loved every minute of it, but made a terrible daily driver. The truck did go to a really good home and the new owner has made me proud. It would be awesome to see another set of glass made off my old set keeping the toned down "sleeper" look yet covering the track. I believe the new owner considered the option, but for $10k+ couldn't justify it. As far as future projects go, I'm dying to start another project, but I'm at the point where a house is more important. As soon as I feel I'm where i need to be career and financial wise, I gurantee I will be jumping into another project.
mxrider

Postby BS Racing » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:06 am

This is just an update for David... well and anyone else that want to take a peek LOL. I wanted to share that the TRD Supercharge actually fit in the hole. Barely! But it did fit with enough clearance. I am still working on the tune but yes, its in the truck! You can also see what I had to do to get an A/C compressor to fit and work.

Pulleys reduced.jpg
BS Racing

Postby ChaseTruck754 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:29 am

Interesting compressor mount for sure. Are you enjoying the truck? Got any more pics to share?

ChaseTruck754

Postby BS Racing » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:10 pm

Here are a couple of pictures to share.

This one is when it was pretty much done.

Done.jpg

Here is the droop

Droop.jpg

Here it is with a little over an inch of bump left.

Bump.jpg
BS Racing

Postby ChaseTruck754 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:09 am

Damn I love this truck. Makes me want to actually finish my ranger...

ChaseTruck754

PreviousNext

Return to Show and Tell