Desert Rides

Off-Road Discussion Forum

2013 MORE 500 Roll-Call

Post VW tech, projects, and questions here. If you've got a beam and an air-cooled engine, this is your place to post.

Moderators: Admin1, DR1068, 9rocky, Ryan_P

Postby TexasBaja » Tue May 28, 2013 11:25 am

I will let Tyo give the race report but I just wanted to say Thanks to everyone that came out to help. Y'all are a class act. It was amazing to see you guys jump to attention when our car broke. Cant wait for the next west coast race. We are definitely coming back next year.
Texas Baja Racing/TokiPoki Motorsports #1072/#5016
www.texasdesertracing.com
TexasBaja

Postby McCredie A » Thu May 30, 2013 4:17 pm

Here is my section,

Well I was fortunate enough to be able to drive 5016 for laps 7 and 8. I have to say a special thanks to Steve Tyo Walker, he is an awesome guy to give me the opportunity to drive his BA 5 unlimited car! Its no wonder he is a class act, If you ever meet either of his parents that will explain his kindness. Shortly before hopping in the car he approached my girl friend Shelby and asked if she would like to navigate with me. Duane McCreary backed the decision and gave away what was rightly his seat, thank again Duane your a class act. She gladly accepted and it made for a very special moment for us (actually a couple hours).

Now on to the important race stuff We started lap 7 in second place had a fun time getting around the track. We made some passes and got passed by one car that was a little rough on our bumper in my opinion. It was a great lap the car was sucking up the holes better than ever, the motor was purring like a kitten and we were having a blast. We went past our pits to start our final lap. Around mile 25 we started having some cooling issues and stopped the vehicle to assess the issue. The spare tire had came loose and rubbed a water line into the powersteering cooler. This caused us to loose most of the water in the engine and were not able to finish the race. It was a major bummer breaking 30 miles from the finish on a 500 mile race.

The boys from Texas brought an awesome car and an awesome crew.
Its fun to see the regulars out there, its like seeing family. I want to say a special thanks to Erik and Laura Irvine, Cole Brooks, Steve Griffith, and Jeff Danahoo for getting my girlfriend and I back to camp safely. Also my parents for always supporting me, It was awesome to have you out there this time MOM Alice Cousins McCredie!! My loyal group of friends that are like brothers (The Meatheads) Desrocher, Scott Record, Jeff Donahoo, and Brad. It was a great time and I cant wait to be out there next time, its an honor to call myself part of the team! Also would like to thank Christy and Toki Myhre.
McCredie A

Postby PahlM » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:07 am

Looks like my old car beat you guys :-P. wish I was there.
bajablood wrote:I was officially burnt out on desert racing for 10 hours. The bug is starting to bite again!
PahlM

Postby ErikIrvine » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:58 pm

I saw your old car had a tow strap connected to class 1 car for laps 2-6 so maybe it did beat us!
ErikIrvine
Odds say 13:5

Postby PahlM » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:58 pm

Hey the sheet shows how slow it was, but it finished! The guy still hasn't fixed the rear shock mounts.
bajablood wrote:I was officially burnt out on desert racing for 10 hours. The bug is starting to bite again!
PahlM

Postby ray promer » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:42 am

your old car looked really good out there pahl.
ray promer

Previous

Return to Buggies and VWs