Desert Rides

Off-Road Discussion Forum

To build or not to rebuild

Post VW tech, projects, and questions here. If you've got a beam and an air-cooled engine, this is your place to post.

Moderators: Admin1, DR1068, 9rocky, Ryan_P

Postby bajablood » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:44 am

Honestly it was no more than having to budget for one car. You can only race one at a time. I did want to do BAP and or rage with both cars but that was a want and I'm not rolling like that. Anyone need a Tool Motorsports plenum 1776 with 40 test miles and 60 race miles. Engine is a rocket. $3,500
bajablood

Postby 9rocky » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:19 am

bajablood wrote:Honestly it was no more than having to budget for one car. You can only race one at a time. I did want to do BAP and or rage with both cars but that was a want and I'm not rolling like that. Anyone need a Tool Motorsports plenum 1776 with 40 test miles and 60 race miles. Engine is a rocket. $3,500

Chris builds a great motor, and that is a great price.
9rocky

Postby bajablood » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Yeah he really does. I noticed a huge difference in power from where it was before. Ran way smoother and had much more torque. He said to build the same engine from scratch would be 10 grand. He replaced everything except the crank heads and case. he did machine the case for oil squirters. It was bad ass to drive. I honestly never even rung it out either. The test session was 40 easy break in miles and the whole first lap in the race I was pedaling in dust. Never really got a chance to push. got 5 miles into the second lap where I could finally see dust free and washed out of a berm and clipped a huge boulder just at the top of the berm that tore off the passenger side rear of the car. I was just warming up and was heart broken.
bajablood

Previous

Return to Buggies and VWs